CMIN 502 - PRACTICAL DUTIES OF THE MINISTER
Jimmy White, DMin
TEXTBOOK INFORMATION (TEXTBOOK CHANGE 7/2/19)
NEW BOOK: On Being a Pastor: Understanding Our Calling and Work by Derek J. Prime, Alistair Begg, Al Mohler
Amazon Book Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZFCHNO/ref=docs-os-doi_0
New Syllabus (7.2.19 or after)
New Exam Review (7.2.19 or after)
NEW Module Two - Closed Book Exam (7.2.19 or after)
NEW Module Five - Final Exam Assignment (7.2.19 or after
Suggested Resource: A Contemporary Handbook for Weddings & Funerals by Aubrey Malphurs
Amazon Book Link: https://www.amazon.com/Contemporary-Handbook-Weddings-Funerals-Occasions-ebook/dp/B002R81CC8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1466446986&sr=1-1&keywords=A+Contemporary+Handbook+for+Weddings+%26+Funerals
1) What is Pastoral Ministry?
2) What Do People Need From Their Pastors - John Piper
3) What is Your Role as a Pastor?
4) How to Conduct a Wedding Rehearsal
5) Young Pastor, Here's What I Wish I'd Known
6) What are the Most Common Mistakes New Pastors Make?
7) H.B. Charles, Jr.’s Advice to Young Pastors
8) Ten Commandments of Hospital Visits
9) How to Build a Pastoral Care Team
10) The Role of the Pastor
11) Advice for Preachers :: Matt Chandler
ALL RESEARCH ARTICLES MAY COME FROM QUESTIA OR A SITE LISTED ON THE WCBCS LIBRARY PAGE ONLY
www.questia.com - (Some students choose a subscription and all payments are made payable to Questia)
www.westcoastbible.org/library (research articles may come from one of these sites)
Daily Family Devotion
Bible Memorization for this class:
2 Corinthians 4:1-2 (NIV) - 1 Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God.
ASSIGNMENTS TO BE TAKEN (CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO SUBMIT YOUR MODULE ASSIGNMENTS)